Archive for August, 2011
Image by Ed Yourdon
Lunch at the 79th Street Boat Basin, Jul 2009 – 17
Yes, that is a MacBook Pro that the woman is holding. I know, because I have several other shots of her from a different angle, where you can see the Apple logo on the top of her laptop.But I thought this was a better picture, from a photographic perspective…
Note: this photo was published in a Dec 26, 2010 blog titled "How to use acer laptop battery?" It was also published in an Apr 14, 2011 blog titled "Q&A: On yahoo360 can i be the same person on a desk top and laptop computer?" And it was published in an Aug 5, 2011 blog titled "[Politique] Piquenique pirate dimanche 4 septembre!"
There’s a cafe by the 79th Street Boat Basin, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan — nestled into the stone arches of the 79th Street entrance/exit of the West Side Highway. I’ve walked past it numerous times, during strolls along the river, but I’ve never had the time or inclination to stop for a snack or a meal. But on this quiet, sunny Fourth of July weekend, it seemed like just the place to go for a relaxing lunch, looking out over the river as people walked by, and boats sailed up and down the Hudson River.
After lunch, I couldn’t resist the temptation to stroll down to the pier that extends out into the river at 70th Street, part of the landscaping improvements that Donald Trump made on behalf of NYC when he built a row of luxury apartment buildings along this stretch of the west side. After that, I strolled back up past the Boat Basin to 82nd Street, and then back down to 72nd Street again – before exiting from Riverside Park, and heading off to the gym for some additional exercise.
And, oh, did I mention that I had my camera with me?
montaggio della batteria
Image by fullo
il fondo del thinkpad è ben realizzato, notare i due "piedini" lunghi
Lenovo IdeaPad Y530a Laptop Battery:: Lenovo IdeaPad Y530a Battery
Brand new high quality Li-ion that are manufactured to meet or exceed the specifications of the original brand manufacturer and provide extended runtime with no ‘memory effect’, so you can charge it anytime. The battery for lenovo ideapad y530a (())will help you power up your laptop in the office, business trips or vacations. Keep an extra Easy-To-Carry handy battery and enjoy the true portability of your laptop computers. This lenovo ideapad y530a replacement is individually tested and full one year manufacturer warranty.
1. New lenovo ideapad y530a battery pack must be fully charged before use.
2. New replacement ideapad y530a battery pack needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) a few times before it can condition to full capacity.
3. Rechargeable lenovo ideapad y530a laptop batteries undergo self-discharging when left unused. Always store a battery pack in a fully charged stage for storage.
4. Fully drain and fully recharge your lenovo ideapad y530a laptop battery pack every few month.
5. Turn down the LCD brightness of your portable device.
6. Use built-in power management on your portable device.
7. Turn off LCD or other unnecessary accessories when not in use.
8. Set screen saver blank to 1 to 2 minutes of your lenovo ideapad y530a notebook.
9. Add more RAM if you have extra RAM expansion slot, it will reduce the usage of hard drive and it is power exhaustive.
10. Close unused software in your notebook.
11. Remove unused PC Cards or USB devices from your notebook.
12. Don’t watch DVD or play graphics intensive video games.