Posts tagged Create
A sliver of wood coated with tin could make a tiny, long-lasting, efficient and environmentally friendly battery.
by Uwe Hermann
5 Ways To Create The Life Of Your laptop Battery
For what good is a laptop when its battery is crap? Forgive me for using that word but that is just the way it is.
The reason why laptop computers were created is portability. Portability here does not only mean ease of carrying it around but also convenience in using it wherever you are, especially when there is nowhere to plug your notebook into.
Batteries are undoubtedly very important in a laptop. Prolonging the battery life is, indeed, essential to its portability and, consequently, to its usefulness.
Most laptops nowadays have lithium-ion batteries and they allow for 500 cycles, more or less, depending on the capacity of the battery. One cycle consists of a charge/recharge and a discharge.
Eventually, batteries will die. A concrete example of this is the laptop battery of my old laptop computer. On a full charge, it used to be able to run the laptop for several hours. Few months after, it started to give me only 30 minutes, then 10, and now that notebook computer cannot anymore be used unplugged. So much for portability, eh? I cannot anymore carry it around even though it is light because I would always have to look for a place with power sockets to plug it into.
Yes, it is a fact that the capacity of your acer laptop battery will diminish each day. However, there are ways of prolonging its life. Here are 5 ways:
1. Almost no one reads user’s manuals these days. Maybe you have to go against this trend and start reading the user’s manual included in your purchase of your laptop or netbook. It will tell you when to fully discharge your dell laptop battery. I have read some manuals (no, it is not my hobby) stating that the user should let the battery fully discharge at least once a month or after several cycles – usually 30 cycles. This is necessary in calibrating the fuel gauge of your battery and in order to keep it accurate.
2. You do not need to always use or drain the battery until it is fully discharged. In fact, this will put more strain on the battery. Do it only as stated in the manual or once a month or after every 30 cycles, as the case may be. You should recharge the battery as soon as it alerts you that its battery level is already low – mostly when the level is only 10%.
3. If you intend to use your laptop computer plugged, you may remove the battery. As soon as the laptop computer is plugged into a power socket, the laptop is going to start recharging the battery if the battery is connected. This means the start of a new cycle. You can prolong a cycle by removing it when the computer will be plugged anyway, except when you will be charging the battery. However, if you are going to use your laptop as a desktop replacement – that is, you will be keeping it plugged for a longer period of time, say for several weeks or even months- you might as well store the battery in a cool, dry place at 40% level of charge. It was shown that it is at this level that the battery’s capacity will not diminish the most when on a prolonged storage. In case of a prolonged storage, it is advisable that the battery be kept inside a sealed plastic bag to protect it from dust and moisture.
4. When running the laptop on its battery, activate the power-saving mode. This will exert less strain on the battery. While we are on this, let me also remind you not to use too many programs at the same time when your computer is running on its battery to avoid exerting too much strain on its battery. Disable some programs, adjust the screen brightness, and disconnect external hardwares, if convenient.
5. Avoid overheating the battery. Heat affects the battery pack. Likewise, do not put your laptop under direct sunlight or in hot places.
These are but few of the things that you can do to prolong the life of your laptop’s battery. These are very simple tips to consider and follow but the reward is great. Surely, you do not want to shell out money to replace a battery that you have only been using for few months.
For more tips on laptop batteries from all the leading brands or to find your specific laptop battery visit http://www.e-store.net.au We have some great tips and the best prices online for all makes of laptop batteries. Don’t get caught out in the middle of an important task just because there are no power sockets available. Carrying a spare laptop battery with you could save your job. Visit us now at http://www.epay-battery.com for the best discount prices online.
www.go-shop.com.au is everyone’s one-stop shop for Toshiba laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, Fujitsu laptop batteries, Canon camera batteries, MAKITA 24V Battery, Dewalt power tools batteries, HP laptop ac adapters and Olympus battery chargers. High Quality and Superb Service, Season Promotion, 35% discount!
Our Advantages:High Quality + Low Price + 100% Guarantee + Fast Shipping!
All our batteries, laptop adapters, battery chargers are shipped from Alexandria,NSW 2015.
Article from articlesbase.com