Posts tagged impossible
“Watson,” no, not Sherlock’s sidekick, but the famous supercomputer who beat the world’s best human at Jeopardy, is going back to school. IBM is sending th…
Thinking of six impossible things before breakfast
Image by Stargazer95050
[borrowing this line from "Alice in Wonderland II"]
How cool & useful would it be to have a BIG TOUCH-TABLET.
Like a 24" LCD screen with a tablet function
sorry — Don’t have this yet.
For my astro-travel setup, I recognized how beautifully my old 24" LCD screen will fit into that travel case. And so this is not a photo-montage. THIS SETUP ACTUALLY WORKS !!
All stand-alone from a 12V battery inside this 24gal Stanley toolbox (detailed photos later)
In a harsh and misty environment, in the dark, a keyboard is a bit of a nuisance. can’t type without extra light, misplace it in the dark, moisture isn’t good for the contacts, …
So a good touch-pad on-screen interface would be just nice !!
A large (24") view is good to explore space AND edit photos. And watch a DVD while shooting 50+ long-exposures in the background
As I said (photos later) — this setup actually is working from a single (quite small) 12V car battery. Powers both the laptop & the monitor. Too bad it requires additional mouse & KBD to be useful (no touchscreen).
It looks cool and may be useful in the future — but at this time, it is merely a proof of an interesting concept. THE WEIGHT is killing this idea.
- This 24" LCD is a couple of years old and quite heavy — maybe a newer 19" may be more suitable
- TBD the power that 24" needs, again a newer 19" likely is more suitable
- 12V car battery is cheap & reliable & good capacity ==> BUT REALLY HEAVY
- without a touchscreen, I would need at least a (wireless) mouse /trackball and possibly a (wireless) KBD as well (or easy access to the laptop KBD)
- the box may not be tough enough to protect the LCD in such a tight fit
This is BOX 1/2 to carry my new TELESCOPE GEAR :
Below the laptop is the computerized EQ mount …