Posts tagged Top15
Top-15 Laptop Battery Usage Tips
Top-15 Laptop Battery Usage Tips:
1. New Laptop battery pack must be fully charged and discharged before use.
2. New Laptop battery pack needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) 2-3 times before it can condition to full capacity.
3. Laptop batteries undergo self-discharging when left unused. Always store a laptop battery pack in a fully charged stage for storage.
4. Fully drain and fully recharge your laptop battery pack every 1 or 2 months.
5. Turn down the LCD brightness of your Laptop notebook.
6. Use built-in power management on your Laptop notebook.
7. Turn off LCD or other unnecessary accessories when not in use.
8. Add more RAM if you have extra RAM expansion slot, it will reduce the usage of hard drive and it is power exhaustive.
9. Close unused software in your Laptop notebook.
10. Remove unused PC cards or usb devices from your laptop notebook.
11. It is better not watch films or play graphics intensive video games.
12. Don’t short circuit terminal or store your laptop battery pack with metal parts.
13. Don’t drop or mutilate the laptop battery pack.
14. Don’t expose to moisture or water.
15. It is normal to get warm when charging or normal use. If it is getting too hot, there may be a problem with your laptop notebook and qualified personnel should check it.
Some other useful informaiton for laptop batteries:
How long does a laptop battery last?
The life span of a Notebook battery is about 1.5 to 3 years operating under normal conditions. As rechargeable laptop battery begins to die, the user will notice a decline in the running time of the battery.
The Rating for laptop Battery
V(olts): The voltage of the new laptop battery should always match the voltage of the original.
mAh: It standards for milli-Amp hours (1 mAh=0.001Ah), High amp-hour ratings means a longer run-time and will not cause incompatibilities.