Posts tagged Toshiba
I was digging around inside my Satellite, and figured I’d educate a little bit.
My Model (in this video) Is Toshiba Satellite A300D-126
This is almost a full disassembly of a Toshiba A100-VA7 Laptop in order to replace the cooling fan. It was fairly easy to do, and I wanted to share this video. I even included a couple mistakes I made while doing it, so I could save someone else the trouble of making similar mistakes.
A well-built Pentium-90 laptop, circa 1997, with a really convenient built-in AC adapter. Aside from the dim, shadowy passive matrix color LCD, it was an excellent machine for its time, and has served me well over the years.
Video Rating: 0 / 5
Visit us.toshiba.com to learn more about the Toshiba Portege Z830 Series Ultrabook. Feel lighter than air, plus more mobile and empowered than ever, with our affordable new Portégé® Z830 Ultrabook™, our thinnest, lightest and most elegant 13″ laptop. Ultrathin, and weighing about half a pound less than its popular competitor, this newest Toshiba PC offers the innovative components, plus the engineering and long battery life rating y ou need to stay unplugged, engaged and in motion throughout most of your work day. Launch your day in seconds from the Hibernation Mode with Intel® Rapid Start. Then ping the office, work on your master’s thesis, chat with friends, browse for vacation options, and do much more. Features like a spill-resistant backlit keyboard, solid state drive, plus high-speed start and Toshiba EasyGuard® Technology give you the confidence to expand what’s possible. Stereo speakers powered by MaxxAudio® make beautiful music. An array of our exclusive “smart” features add fun and convenience to your mobility. Plus, with an ingeniously sturdy design, this laptop balances freedom and flexibility with stiffness and durability to help you wade through your to-dos without a worry in the world.
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Toshiba Qosmio X500 Notebook
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Toshiba Laptop Battery Problems
Toshiba has come a long way when it comes to the laptop battery life in their laptops, but that does not make them immune to the occasional hiccup. Poor charging practices can cause issues with battery life, and power-sucking settings can deplete a charged battery, especially an older one, at a surprising rate. For many Toshiba laptops, even temperature can affect whether and how your battery charges and discharges.
Charging New Batteries
1. If your laptop is brand new, you have an opportunity to maximize your battery’s health from the get-go. CNET authors Asher Moses and Brian Nadel state that long-term battery vitality can be ensured if “when first using your notebook on battery power, [you] let the battery completely drain before you recharge it. Don’t recharge when the toshiba PA3615U-1BRS battery is only half drained.
Do that for at least the first two sessions.” If you continue to do this every time you use your laptop battery, you will extend the length of time your laptop can run on battery power.
2. One of the main reasons toshiba laptop battery life is so short on many laptops is because of the power settings. You can access the power settings on a Toshiba either by right-clicking the battery tray icon in the lower-right corner of your screen and click “Power Options”, or by going to Control Panel > Power Options. Here, you can select the settings your computer will use when it is running on battery power, adjust when the display turns off, choose when the computer will go to sleep, and decide how bright your display is. The default “Power Saver” settings adjust the display brightness to about 40%, turn off the display after 3 minutes of inactivity and put the computer to sleep after 15 minutes. Think about which settings make the most sense for you, and adjust your computer accordingly to save power.
3. Extreme temperatures can negatively affect your toshiba PA3399U-2BRS battery. According to Moses and Nadel, you should not expose your battery to extreme heat or cold. Heat causes batteries to lose their charge very quickly and cold batteries don’t perform as well. In addition, some Toshiba laptop batteries can detect when they have heated up too much, and will not charge even when the AC power is plugged in. The computer will display “AC power plugged in; battery not charging,” in this case. If this happens, you can charge the battery by shutting down your computer and letting the battery charge while the computer is off.
4. Laptop batteries generally last for 2 to 3 years. If your laptop battery is not holding a charge and it is older than 3 years, consider purchasing a new battery. Remember to fully deplete and fully charge the new battery the first few times you use it.
Still Not Charging
5. If you have considered all of these possible Toshiba PA3535U-1BRS battery problems and find that they are not the reason for the problem, try taking the battery out and gently cleaning the contacts on the battery and in the laptop’s battery compartment with a dry, lint-free cloth. If there is no improvement, you may need to look into updating the computer’s BIOS or using the recovery CD that came with the laptop to clear any internal problems that may be affecting your battery.
webmaster of www.diggingshop.com , DIGGER Trading Company is a family run company specialising in export of all kinds of original and replacement laptop batteries, and laptop ac adapter , we retail and wholesale our batteries all over the world depending our high quality products, all our batteries get CE, UL, Rohs and ISO9001/9002 certifications
Toshiba Battery Life Tips
Generally speaking, the present notebooks drop its autonomy primarily by reason of a couple of reasons: Firstly the utilization, secondly the normal aging of the chemical materials. For that reason, regardless of what the tips that you will take your battery pack will wear as time passes. In general the life of a rechargeable laptop battery using is generally up to 2-3 years.
External devices such as keyboards, mouse, external CD drives and so on, are some of the greatest consumers of power that you will ever encounter. For this reason, if you have your Toshiba Satellite L640 and you are afraid that they can easily consume a lot of power, it is advisable that you remove them or unplug them so that you can reduce the amount of power that is being consumed and then make sure that you save on the energy being used.
The other thing that you will need to do when you want to save on the amount of energy being consumed by the Toshiba Satellite L640 is to make sure that you only run the basic programs.
This means that you will be required to switch off things such as music, screensavers and so on. You will also need to close down any programs that may not really be that necessary. As most people will agree with me, taking care of the laptop battery is one of the greatest tasks that can be associated with the Toshiba Satellite L640. However, if at all you put effort into it, you can be pretty sure that you will definitely not be disappointed.
The third thing that you need to do is to realize that if you want the battery of your Toshiba Satellite L640 to last long, you must be willing and able to keep the laptop from overheating.
One of the biggest mistake that people do is to put the laptops on their laps – or something else that is soft such as a pillow. The consequence here is that the computer will get to overheat and therefore cause the battery to run down very quickly.
Moreover, by no means use or keep the battery in severe conditions, including leave your laptop computer in your car when it is either freezing out or in a hot summer time.best temp to keep the battery is about 15°C.In contrast, to cool too much your battery (such as for example by arranging it in your refrigerator) risk to damage it definitively. If the battery will not be in use for a long time, it is suggested to be detached from the machine and placed in a cool, dry, clean place.
The Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q870 Notebook PC offers powerhouse performance and a brilliant High-Definition 18.4-inch widescreen Edge-to-Edge display with TruBrite Technology. This remarkable display allows you to take advantage of every inch of screen space when you enjoy movies, videos, and games in stunning HD clarity. The Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q870 Notebook PC features a 1.6GHz Intel Core i7 720QM Quad Core processor, 4GB of DDR3 memory, an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M graphics engine, a 500GB 7200RPM hard drive and Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Armed with those extraordinary components, your new Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q870 Notebook PC will create a world filled with spectacular multimedia entertainment.
Video Rating: 4 / 5
By www.laptopscreen.com – how to properly replace an LCD screen in Toshiba laptop. Self install instructions, for some one considering replacing their broken LCD screen on their own. This Laptop Screen replacement repair / installation guide is based on Toshiba Satellite L455D. It will also work for A100 L455D A215 L455 C655D C655 A305 L655 C640 P305 M305 and similar models. Display replacement is easy on all laptops and netbooks: they all share similar LCD panels, with LED or CCFL backlight, which need to come out of the bezel to be replaced with a new screen. Laptop screen repair, laptop screen replacement. VIsit LaptopScreen.com for more FAQ’s