Posts tagged Ways
by Uwe Hermann
Ways Of Maintaining Hp Laptop Batteries
The estimated lifespan of HP laptop battery is one of the most pertinent queries of every HP customer. There are several factors that extend the battery life and maximize their runtime. HP laptop batteries have 200 to 500 charge cycles before they cease to hold charge. One charge cycle begins with charging your laptop battery to the maximum, then letting it discharge completely and go to sleep, and then charging it fully again. The variation in the number of charge cycles rests on the maintenance of the laptop.
HP Laptop Batteries: Maintenance
HP laptop batteries are a product of advanced design and superior craftsmanship. However, a laptop battery requires optimum care to provide optimum services. Here are certain dos and don’ts that users must follow to ensure longer HP compaq NX7400 battery life.
Some practices to avoid are:
1.Avoid leaving your battery in extremely high or low temperature areas. Exposure to direct sunlight and excessive dust or dirt can damage its electronic components, thus reducing longevity.
2.Exposure to extreme cold temperatures is also not recommended, because on return to normal temperatures moisture forms inside the battery. This spoils the electronic circuit boards.
3.Avoid extracting the battery and trying to short it manually.
4.Try not to frequently drain the battery of charge before plugging it in.
5.Avoid leaving the battery in the laptop while charging it for a prolonged period. Keeping the battery in a constant state of charging will reduce the battery’s lifespan.
Some guidelines to follow are:
1.Calibrate your toshiba pa3593-1bas laptop battery once in every two months.
2.Decrease the hard drive activity by defragmenting the drive regularly.
3.Disable the startup items, since these items encroach on the virtual memory and add to the CPU load.
4.Remove battery pack from your laptop if you are not using it for a week or so.
HP Laptop Batteries: Optimizing Runtime
Optimizing the runtime of HP laptop batteries is possible through:
1.Turn off programs, such as Photoshop, high graphics games and burning of DVDs and CDs, when not in use. Running unwanted programs drains the battery faster.
2.To save power, leave the laptop on Hibernation mode if you do not plan to work for a while.
3.Lower the contrast level of the screen
Such careful maintenance ensures prolonged battery life; however, this does not mean eternal life for HP laptop batteries. To buy quality replacement batteries for your HP laptops, visit batteryedge site, a leading supplier of superior quality replacement batteries for all laptop brands.
Best Buy conducted research among consumers to find out the features they most want in their computing experience and approached Dell to create laptops with all these requested features. Exclusive to Best Buy, this laptop features: • Sub-1thin-design magnesium-alloy chassis • Weighs less than 5lbs • Brilliant 15.6 HD WLED thin-panel LCD • Up to 6 hour 43 minute battery life • Standard backlit keyboard • Intel® Core™ i5 processors for smarter performance with a speed boost • Standard 4 GB DDR3 Dual Channel Memory ? • Standard 500GB 7200 RPM hard drive ? • Comes with a Netgear adapter that enables you to stream content wirelessly from your to your TV
by Uwe Hermann
5 Ways To Create The Life Of Your laptop Battery
For what good is a laptop when its battery is crap? Forgive me for using that word but that is just the way it is.
The reason why laptop computers were created is portability. Portability here does not only mean ease of carrying it around but also convenience in using it wherever you are, especially when there is nowhere to plug your notebook into.
Batteries are undoubtedly very important in a laptop. Prolonging the battery life is, indeed, essential to its portability and, consequently, to its usefulness.
Most laptops nowadays have lithium-ion batteries and they allow for 500 cycles, more or less, depending on the capacity of the battery. One cycle consists of a charge/recharge and a discharge.
Eventually, batteries will die. A concrete example of this is the laptop battery of my old laptop computer. On a full charge, it used to be able to run the laptop for several hours. Few months after, it started to give me only 30 minutes, then 10, and now that notebook computer cannot anymore be used unplugged. So much for portability, eh? I cannot anymore carry it around even though it is light because I would always have to look for a place with power sockets to plug it into.
Yes, it is a fact that the capacity of your acer laptop battery will diminish each day. However, there are ways of prolonging its life. Here are 5 ways:
1. Almost no one reads user’s manuals these days. Maybe you have to go against this trend and start reading the user’s manual included in your purchase of your laptop or netbook. It will tell you when to fully discharge your dell laptop battery. I have read some manuals (no, it is not my hobby) stating that the user should let the battery fully discharge at least once a month or after several cycles – usually 30 cycles. This is necessary in calibrating the fuel gauge of your battery and in order to keep it accurate.
2. You do not need to always use or drain the battery until it is fully discharged. In fact, this will put more strain on the battery. Do it only as stated in the manual or once a month or after every 30 cycles, as the case may be. You should recharge the battery as soon as it alerts you that its battery level is already low – mostly when the level is only 10%.
3. If you intend to use your laptop computer plugged, you may remove the battery. As soon as the laptop computer is plugged into a power socket, the laptop is going to start recharging the battery if the battery is connected. This means the start of a new cycle. You can prolong a cycle by removing it when the computer will be plugged anyway, except when you will be charging the battery. However, if you are going to use your laptop as a desktop replacement – that is, you will be keeping it plugged for a longer period of time, say for several weeks or even months- you might as well store the battery in a cool, dry place at 40% level of charge. It was shown that it is at this level that the battery’s capacity will not diminish the most when on a prolonged storage. In case of a prolonged storage, it is advisable that the battery be kept inside a sealed plastic bag to protect it from dust and moisture.
4. When running the laptop on its battery, activate the power-saving mode. This will exert less strain on the battery. While we are on this, let me also remind you not to use too many programs at the same time when your computer is running on its battery to avoid exerting too much strain on its battery. Disable some programs, adjust the screen brightness, and disconnect external hardwares, if convenient.
5. Avoid overheating the battery. Heat affects the battery pack. Likewise, do not put your laptop under direct sunlight or in hot places.
These are but few of the things that you can do to prolong the life of your laptop’s battery. These are very simple tips to consider and follow but the reward is great. Surely, you do not want to shell out money to replace a battery that you have only been using for few months.
For more tips on laptop batteries from all the leading brands or to find your specific laptop battery visit http://www.e-store.net.au We have some great tips and the best prices online for all makes of laptop batteries. Don’t get caught out in the middle of an important task just because there are no power sockets available. Carrying a spare laptop battery with you could save your job. Visit us now at http://www.epay-battery.com for the best discount prices online.
www.go-shop.com.au is everyone’s one-stop shop for Toshiba laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, Fujitsu laptop batteries, Canon camera batteries, MAKITA 24V Battery, Dewalt power tools batteries, HP laptop ac adapters and Olympus battery chargers. High Quality and Superb Service, Season Promotion, 35% discount!
Our Advantages:High Quality + Low Price + 100% Guarantee + Fast Shipping!
All our batteries, laptop adapters, battery chargers are shipped from Alexandria,NSW 2015.
Article from articlesbase.com
Ways To Improve Your Laptop Battery? Acer Laptop Battery Quick Tips
One of the most common human errors committed by almost everyone is the negligence of reading the user’s manual on the purchase of new product. If one does read it—the reading may not have gone beyond the first two pages. By doing so, we generally miss out on many important tips and instructions on the product, in our case here, the laptop battery—the correct usage guides. Unlike the past years, current laptop batteries are made of lithium ions (Li-Ion) which are more competent than their predecessors.
Today, online sources are flooded with technical and simple guides on laptop battery use and its run-life. In conformity with expert industry guidelines, some recommendations have shown great results for laptop users. One such tip goes like this—laptop battery is best put to use after 3 cycles of ‘complete charge and discharge cycle.’ Carrying out this step diligently ensures that the cells inside the laptop battery are activated and ready to perform optimum charge-discharge cycle. If you have not been using the battery for over a period of 3 months than the method of ‘3 cycles of complete charge and discharge cycle’ is all the more important to enhance your laptop battery life, before restarting its use.
In addition, laptop with nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) based battery may have a different story altogether to tell. Overcharging is known to cut down the life of the NiMH laptop batteries, so these batteries are not to be put under extensive charging. Similar to Lithium-ion laptop battery, NiMHO laptop battery also requires the same charging method—charge and discharge 3 times before using it. Regardless of whether you own a Dell Laptop Battery or an IBM Laptop Battery, it is very important to monitor the temperature of your laptop because an over heated laptop could indicate the degrading health of your laptop battery. There are two things that a heated laptop directly hit— the effectiveness of the system and excess energy consumption. The probable cause of the rise in system temperature is the increasing resistance inside the battery. As a matter of fact, the optimum temperature of your laptop should not cross over the 25 degree Celsius benchmark.
Given below are few quick-tips to entice Acer Laptop Battery owners on how to achieve best results of their computers.
1. Avoid using different charger for your Acer Laptop Battery or Dell Laptop Battery charging because incorporating charger with unlikely make and model could damage the internal paraphernalia of your laptop. Usually, the composition of each brand and model is different in terms of their voltage settings and connection ports.
2. Keep your laptop cool because an overheated battery has a higher chance of getting damaged. Avoid blocking the warm-air vents because these are specifically built to keep the system from heating-up. In addition, confining and packing in the laptop in carry-cases are big “No.” Because if you do so while battery is still warm, the heat gets trapped leading to more harm than good.
3. Refrain from the habit of charging battery all the time. 100% charging in a 24/7 routine is not necessarily the ‘must-do’ of your laptop battery. You can do without it and still receive the best results.
4. In case, if you want to remove the Acer laptop battery while you plan on working for hours at your desk, the recommended practice is not to store the removed battery in a fully charged or a depleted charge state. Of course, that leaves with the middle path—store the removed battery between 40-50% of full charge.
Battery back-up is the life of a laptop therefore laptop owners are often faced with the important task of learning to charge the battery in the correct manner.
Laptop Battery One, a leading online laptop battery store offering Laptop Batteries and laptop charges at very cheap prices. Free Shipping + 2 year Warranty. We provide Buy Laptop Battery, Dell Laptop Battery, Asus laptop battery, Acer laptop battery, compaq laptop battery and all other major brands.
Article from articlesbase.com
Extend Laptop Battery Life
Video Rating: 4 / 5